Have you ever found yourself standing in the bookshop looking at a novel based on one of your favorite video games? There sure are a lot of them, aren't there? Is it really worth the paperback price, let alone the time to read it?
The Canon Fodder Podcast exists to answer that question. Do those (endless) tie-in novels actually add to the games we love, or are they just wasteful tree-killers?
The CFP is produced in 6-episode seasons. During each episode, we tackle one game and its tie-in novel (or one of them, anyhow), building context through plot discussion and synopsis, and then analyzing the book's plot and ties, and ultimately judging whether or not it's a worthwhile read.
Release ScheduleEpisodes are released twice a month, giving you plenty of time to read along with us. Check out our first series reading list:
- Episode 00: The Prologue
- Episode 01: Mass Effect Andromeda: Nexus Uprising, discussed alongside Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Episode 02: Dead Space: Martyr, discussed alongside Dead Space
- Episode 03: Borderlands: Gunsight, discussed alongside Borderlands (1)
- Episode 04: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, discussed alongside The Force Unleashed
- Episode 05: Elite: Legacy, discussed alongside Elite: Dangerous.
- Episode 06: Halo: The Fall of Reach, discussed alongside Halo: Reach
- Episode 07: Ready Player One (Release Date TBD)